Thursday, April 1, 2010

Faith

I earned my Beehive, Mia Maid, Laurel and Young Woman Recognition awards while I was a youth.  Due to changes in the current YW program, women can earn the new personal progress medallion by completing the same requirements as the young women AND earn an honor bee charm AND earn another medallion (they have both silver AND gold.)  Our ward has decided to allow and support the Relief Society sisters who are willing to earn the medallions for the first or second (or again third) time.  I decided I would earn them now too.  I've read through the whole book and decided to start with Faith. 

I pray.  I don't pray regularly, but I do pray.  Sometimes it's in the middle of the day and only in my mind, but I need to get back into the habit of praying morning and night.  So I decided to start with the first Faith value.  It requires reading scriptures (and conference talks) about Faith and making a habit of prayer for 3 weeks.  I started Sunday, although I started reading before that, I figured it'd be easier to remember which day I started praying if it were a Sunday.  I've done well, I’ve forgotten to pray a couple mornings and so I prayed when I remembered. 

So here's the point of this message - Ether 12: 6 "...Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."  The majority of this that I am referencing is that you can't receive a witness (testimony) of Faith until after you've been tried.  I've had many trials of my faith.  Not necessarily doubting my testimony but more of doubting things that will come to fruition because I cannot see the future.  I am going through one right now.  My knowledge tells me we won't get a house.  We had planned to buy, but due to a miscommunication, we are going to continue saving for a larger down payment.  We still want a house, so we are looking to rent.  I have faith that we will find something wherever it is best for us to live.  Faith tells me that it'll all work out.  I need to trust in the Lord that he'll do what's ultimately best for me even if it's not what I want. 


   

No comments: