Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pack Meeting

So the guys went to pack meeting last night. I missed it because I was at work. However, there is some pretty exciting news that came from this pack meeting. One is about Joseph and the other about Joshua.

Joseph earned his Bobcat when he was new to scouting. He tends to not be dedicated to accomplishing things, so I was not surprised when he didn’t earn his Bear and Wolf. I know that sounds horrible, but we tried to get him to work on the tasks and he did about half of them, but he loses focus very easily. I can blame it on the ADHD, but I won’t. He chooses not to work on them. It seems like he needs to be tricked into accomplishing tasks he doesn’t want to do, so Sara Smith has been really good at tricking him into doing the items needed to pass off requirements. I am very excited that he earned his Webelos along with the Aquanaut, Fitness, Readyman, and Citizen Badges (pins.) He might even earn the Arrow of Light. Joseph, you are so awesome! Keep it up!

Joshua, the new kid in scouting, is always faithful and works to accomplish things, however he can be a perfectionist. I was working with him on his Bobcat requirements as soon as he turned 8. He got frustrated when he wasn’t saying the Cub Scout promise verbatim. Therefore, he did not want to work on it anymore. Since his best friend Aaron also just turned eight, his mom Sara (the same as above) said Josh could come over one day and she’d work on it with both of them. Afterwards, she told me we only needed to go over the child abuse requirements with him and he’d be done. Last night, Josh earned his Bobcat. Way to go, Joshua!

So there is my good news for the day. I am so happy for my two little Cubbies. I know Joseph was excited this morning about it because he came in to show me all his awards. He inspired me to write this blog today. I am sure Josh is excited too, but he gets up before I do and goes to bed before I get home, so I won’t actually be able to congratulate him until tomorrow.

No comments: