Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beaded Bracelets


Joseph wanted to get out my beading supplies since Adam wasn't home nor has he used them lately.  Then Joshua wanted to bead too.  They each made a necklace to give as gifts for Christmas.  I then made a couple bracelets and finished some I had already started or had laid out to do.  I am posting the photos here.  If you are interested in buying one or having us make one we'll sell them for $10-$14.  Most of these will be given as gifts this Christmas, but if there's one you like that I can make that works too.  All money for this goes to the costs of the beads and any profit is put into my children's (mostly Adam's) bank account to save for his mission in 6 years.  He earns money other ways too.

This bracelet has orange, green, gold and pearl colored glass and plastic beads with a gold-colored circle toggle clasp. $12.


This bracelet has clear and pearly white plastic beads and pink heart-shaped glass beads with a silver-colored heart toggle clasp.  $10.


This bracelet is made with blue iridescent, pearly white and clear plastic beads.  It also has silver -colored metal beads and silver bead caps.  I didn't have any more silver toggle claps so it has a gold-circle toggle clasp.  $12

This bracelet has a gold-colored hummingbird charm in the middle surrounded by light blue, gold, and dark blue glass beads with a few clear plastic beads.  It has a gold circle toggle clasp.   $14

This bracelet is cute and dainty in design.  The beads are smaller in size.  There are plastic black, pink glass hearts, and silver metal beads and bead caps.  It has a silver heart toggle clasp.  Made for a larger wrist (larger than mine.) $12

Similar to the blue and white one above, except this one is black and white with clear and silver beads and caps.  All plastic beads. Gold heart toggle clasp.  Joseph made me a necklace to match this one, so I will need to make myself a bracelet similar to this one to wear with my necklace.  I will post a photo of the necklace when I unwrap it for Christmas.  Yes, I've seen it because I strung it, but he laid out all the beads for it.  I plan to give this one as a gift, but I have many black beads to make again, but will make with a silver clasp when I buy more.  $12.



So that was what we worked on today.  Made two for presents and now that I think about it, I could give another one as a gift.  And maybe one day I'll do one as a give-away.  But not enough people read my blog yet to do that.
   

1 comment:

sweetvictorya said...

I should say that I started beading when a necklace I got for Christmas broke the first time I wore it. It was a designer one from Dillards. So I bought wire and restrung all the little seed beads and put the necklace back together. I am still very much a beginner.