Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Mother of all Mother’s Lounges



Last Friday, December 11, we attended Joe's Aunt Pearl's funeral/memorial service. She was a very lovely and caring woman and regret that this blog will not be about her. However, while I was visiting the Westwood Building for the services I took Sam into the restroom. Inside I found the most beautiful Mother's Lounge nook I've ever seen. It was very feminine and designed to be aesthetically pleasing to the mother's who must console, feed and diaper her children during sacrament meeting. My pictures don't do it justice because they were taken with Joe's camera phone. My only hope is that there is an equally manly one in the men's restroom for the dad's who also perform those duties. Actually I have another hope, more of a major wish, and that is our mother's lounge and ALL lounges are decorated as nicely.


This is to show that it truly is a mother's lounge.  There are three chairs in the room.  The changing table is on the wall on the right as soon as you enter the nook lounge.  I will be showing the room from a counter-clockwise position starting with the wall on the right.


Okay turning right in the room, we see the room head on.  There are 2 chairs, a nice table, lamp, and decorative plaques on the wall.

Turning left, counter-clockwise, you can see the decorative plaque from the photo above and then additional art work and vinyl lettering.  The quote reads, "a Mother holds children's hands for a while.  Their Hearts forever."  Check out the gorgeous Madonna and Child (Mary & Jesus) type painting.

Turning slightly left, this is the left side of the wall you actually first see when you slide over the curtain opening up the room.  A couple more decorative plaques adorn the wall.  The vinyl lettering scriptural quote reads, "I have no greater Joy than to hear that my children walk in Truth." 3 John 1:4


I did not take a photo of the curtain but it too was lovely and was on a decorative rod.


In retrospect, I believe our ward building has the nicest Young Women's room that I have ever seen.

No comments: