Monday, October 4, 2010

BBQ Chicken Fajita Salad

I have been gone, I know.  Did you know I moved?  I digress.  I made myself dinner tonight and I loved it.  I have affectionately named it BBQ Chicken Fajita Salad.  Call it what you like but it's rather easy to make. 
1 T (or so) Olive Oil
Sea Salt
3-5 oz already cooked chicken breast (I have some cooked and frozen in the freezer and heat as I need it)
1 bell pepper (I used green but you can use all colors if you want), sliced
6 mushrooms (average size - nothing special), sliced
Salad/Lettuce/Spinach
BBQ sauce - I use Walden Farms

Make your salad however you like.  I only had lettuce and spinach.  Set aside on a plate. 
In a small pan add olive oil and sea salt.  Turn on medium heat and add chopped veggies.  Joe was chopping onions for something and I grabbed a pinch of onions.  Saute' until soft but still crunchy (peppers and onions.) 
Add chicken to pan and add about 1 T (more or less) of BBQ sauce on top.  Cook and break chicken into bite sized pieces while it's heating.  The goal here is to brown it and create BBQ looking marks with the cooked sauce.
Top salad with chicken and veggies and enjoy.

Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments: