Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Joshua's Journal

We came across a journal that we think Josh made in 1st grade. We are guessing first grade only because one entry he referenced the Super Bowl and it listed the Giants and the Patriots. His last article was titled "Dum mom." It went like this:


“I Love you. Sarry for calling you Dum mom.”

Wow!  I wonder what I did to make him mad and call me dumb. I do, however, admire his cute apology.

Here are a few entries, let me know if you can decipher:

"My favorite part of Halloween is chuckrchreting and eting cande.”

“When I line up I poot my bubl in. When I line up I be cwiyit.”

“At breakfast I est pesaoue. At breakfast I est sosise.”

“When Rudolph’s nose turned green he strerts to fly and he is sileye.”

It was very interesting to read the whole journal. So is learning a new language harder than decoding 6-year-old’s free writing? I don’t think so.  May god continue to bless all the teachers out there who have to learn the phonetic spelling of all the words in the English vocabulary.

No comments: