Sunday, November 29, 2009

Our Week in Sedona

So I must say that this year we did not receive any grief from any of the staff members this year (except for my last blog.) I believe there were a couple of reasons for this.

The first being that there were tons of kids here this week and so our boys didn't stand out as much. In fact, I observed a couple of kids breaking the rules that our children have gotten in trouble with in the past. One thing my boys have not done that kids were doing was swimming alone. The pool rule is no one under 14 without an adult. I was watching the boys swim and there were other kids around. There were a couple of adults at the pool so I figured they belonged to them. It wasn't until the parents came to pick up the kids that I realized they were swimming unsupervised. Technically they weren't unsupervised because there were plenty of adults around. The resort has a rule that children under 12 must be accompanied anywhere by an adult. We allow Adam to take Josh to the sport court or golfing. They aren't given a key so they can't go to the pool.

Another reason is that the majority of the staff has been on vacation this week. Being Thanksgiving week the majority of the staff has been off since Wednesday. The minimal staff has been the housekeeping, maintenance, front desk and only one concierge. We left a couple of cookies for the housekeeping staff the other day. Maybe that helped? Probably not.

The final reason our children have not gotten into as much trouble this week is that there are two look-alikes here. There was a neighbor boy who looked almost exactly like Joseph. In fact, he was standing outside our cottage and I almost told him to come inside. I talked to his grandparents about this and they had seen Joseph and agreed. There was another Joshua look-alike, but I didn't see him. Josh told me all about him. My thought is it would be hard to identify the culprit in a line up when they look alike. Funny thing about Zach (Joseph's twin) is that his parent's didn't look like us either.

So this week in Sedona has been uneventful in regards to our boys getting into trouble. We haven't felt as pressured to stay inside or leave all day. The boys have been able to play outside without getting into trouble.

No comments: